GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE IN PANAMA
1. The attempt by one spouse against the life of another, or their sons, daughters, stepdaughters, or stepchildren;
2. Cruel physical or psychological harm if it becomes impossible to domestic peace and tranquility;
3. Extramarital sex;
4. The proposal for one spouse to another for prostitution;
5. The husband of the woman prostitution or prostitution to their sons, daughters, stepdaughters, or stepchildren, or collusion in corruption or prostitution.
6. The absolute abandonment by the husband of his duties as husband or father, and by women of their duties as wife or mother, if present at the divorce petition has been at least six (6) months, after the day on which the cause originated, except in the case of abandonment of a pregnant woman, in which case the term is three (3) months;
7. Habitual and unjustified use of drugs or psychotropic substances.
8. Habitual drunkenness.
9. The de facto separation for more than two (2) years, even when living under the same roof.
10. The mutual consent of the spouses provided that they meet the following requirements.
Should you have any further questions or doubts, do not hesitate to contact us.
JOHNNY A. GRIFFO A.
PTY LEGAL CONSULTING
Lawyers in Bocas del Toro and Panamá
Abogados en Bocas del Toro y Panamá
(+507) 757-9809 / 66780600